Dennis R. Henry
(610) 627 - 0702
Mr. Henry is a consulting actuary with The Actuarial Advantage, having started that firm in 2001. Mr. Henry has worked for over thirty years in the property/casualty insurance industry with a broad range of technical and managerial experience. In his current position he specializes in providing actuarial services to insurance companies, insurance departments and self-insured entities.
Listed below is a sample of some of Mr. Henry's recent assignments:
- Directed the complex loss reserve review of an energy insurance company.
- Advised a state Legislature regarding the impact on insurance costs of proposed workers compensation legislation.
- Assisted senior executives of a major Insurance Company in their purchase of a competitor.
- Advised executives of a banking trade organization on how to fund a captive insurance company.
- Helped a self-insurance school boards pool negotiate favorable property rates in a tightening market.
- Derived professional liability and workers compensation rates for a major metropolitan police department undergoing massive structural changes.
- Developed property and casualty rates for five County Commissions.
Prior to forming The Actuarial Advantage, Mr. Henry was a partner with Ernst & Young LLP, where for fifteen years he worked in a variety of consulting engagements. He was also an Assistant Vice President with the General Accident Insurance Company for nine years with experience in actuarial and underwriting issues.
Mr. Henry is Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.