Laura S. Martin
(610) 627 - 0700
Ms. Martin is a consulting actuary with The Actuarial Advantage. Ms. Martin has worked for just over ten years in the property/casualty insurance industry. In her current position she specializes in providing actuarial services to insurance companies and self-insured entities.
Listed below is a sample of some of Ms. Martin's assignments:
- Performed loss reserve analyses for insurance companies on either an annual or a quarterly basis.
- Conducted analyses of self-insured medical malpractice, workers compensation and auto liabilities, including loss reserving and funding projections at various confidence levels.
- Prepared an analysis of the reserves and funding indications for both the Captive and the total program of a hospital based physician staffing organization.
- Assisted an insurance company in supporting risk transfer for one of their reinsurance contracts.
- Analyzed metrics including actual versus expected loss emergence, time to close, frequency, severity and pure premium to help companies understand and monitor trends in their results.
Prior to joining The Actuarial Advantage, in January of 2008, Ms. Martin was a consultant at Ernst & Young LLP and PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP for six years, where she worked on a variety of consulting engagements for insurers, reinsurers and self-insured entities. She was also an actuarial student at CNA Insurance Company for almost two years with experience in excess and surplus lines actuarial pricing.
Ms. Martin is Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.