(610) 627 - 0148
Mr. Solomon is a Consulting Actuary with The Actuarial Advantage, having worked in the property/casualty insurance industry for nine years. He is a member of the CAS committee for P&C focused ERM. In his current position Mr. Solomon specializes in providing actuarial services to self-insured entities and insurance companies.
- Captive Feasibility Studies
- Reserving Analyses for municipal pools, insurance companies, and alternative risk transfer vehicles
- Pricing Analyses for municipal pools
- Independent reviews of Opining Actuary’s work for Auditors
- Completion of Bermuda Monetary Authority’s Economic Balance Sheet
- Funding and Collateral Analyses for Self-insured and High Deductible Workers Compensation
- Project Residual Value Insurance (RVI) Claims .
Prior to joining The Actuarial Advantage, Mr. Solomon specialized in pricing extended service and debt waiver products with Safe-Guard Products International. He was a Consulting Actuary at Towers Watson, providing pricing, reserving and reinsurance optimization solutions to insurance and reinsurance companies, and captive insurers. Michael also worked for Merlinos & Associates for five years, responsible for pricing, reserving, captive feasibility studies, financial examinations of insurance companies, and reviewing rate changes for state departments.
Mr. Solomon is a Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society, a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries, and a Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst.